This study is NOT currently recruiting participants.
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)
Type: Completed Study; data analyses ongoing Gender: Male & Female Min Age: N/A Max Age: N/A
Referral Letter Required
Currently Not Provided
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- Information and samples collected from participants in medical research studies can be useful even after the original study is complete. Researchers can use the information and samples to learn more about multiple sclerosis or other immune system disorders. They can also be used for research into other disorders. Researchers would like to get permission to use samples collected from older studies to launch new lines of research.
- To look at information and samples from earlier National Institutes of Health Neuroimmunology Branch studies.
- People who provided samples and medical information for earlier studies.
- Researchers will contact people who took part in earlier studies. Researchers will ask if they can study previously collected data and samples.
- Data and samples may include physical exam data and psychological test results. Imaging study results are included. Preserved samples of body fluids and tissues may be studied. These include blood and urine samples.
- No new treatment will be provided as part of this research study.
--Back to Top--
Subjects who previously participated in NIH protocols for whom we have samples or data whose wishes regarding use of their samples/data for research other than that specified in the initial protocol is not known, or where we would like to use their samples or data for purposes other than those they have consented for may be enrolled in this protocol if they are able to be contacted and consent to additional use of their samples or data.
For more information: